The Google Assistant is everywhere at CES 2019. While we’re seeing a lot of new products for the first time that
The only real difference between the Lenovo Smart Clock and Google’s diminutive smart speaker is the 4-inch IPS touchscreen on the front and the full-range 6W speaker with two passive radiators on the inside. Anyone who owns a Google Home Mini will tell you that the speaker components inside Lenovo’s device will be far better than what they’ve been stuck with.
Besides a handful of customizable clock faces, the display on the front of the device will also be able to show you the traffic on your route to work, the weather, a video feed from your security system and more. Lenovo’s press release doesn’t explain what interactive touch capabilities the Smart CLock will have, but we’ll be sure to find out once we spend some hands-on time with the Lenovo Smart Clock at CES this week.
Lenovo Smart Clock pricing & availability
The Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant will be available in the spring of 2019 for $79.99 through retail partners in the US and Lenovo’s website.
Lenovo Smart Clock Specs
- Dimensions & Weight: 113.88 x 79.2 x 79.8mm Weight: 328g
- Display Size: 4″ , IPS, Resolution: 480 x 800, Screen: Touch Compatible
- Design Color & Finish: Soft Touch Cloth Grey
- I/O Buttons 1x microphone mute toggle, 1x Volume +/-
- Camera: None
- Ports: Rear USB port for charging
- Processor: MediaTek 8167S 1.5ghz
- Audio: 1x 1.5″ 3W speaker (Peak power of 6W), 2 x Passive radiators
- Wireless Connectivity: WLAN : 2.4G/5G Dual Band, IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- Software: Google Assistant
- RAM : 1GB
- Storage: 8GB