Samsung unveiled the newest generation of its Gear smartwatches at IFA this August, featuring the Gear S3 Classic and the Gear S3 Frontier. While early reports suggested that the device would release sometime in November, it looks like they were right on track and Amazon’s listing for the device has gone up with a November 18th release date.
The Gear S3 frontier is available at $349.99 and features a 1.3″ super AMOLED full-color display with Samsung’s classic rotating bezel in order to interact with the smartwatch. The Gear S3 frontier also comes in two variants, one that features Bluetooth and WiFi connection only, while another offers Bluetooth, WiFi, and LTE connection. The watch also features built-in GPS to track your activity and make it easy for sharing your location with friends.
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Specs
- Display: 1.3″ Circular AMOLED
- Resolution: 360 x 360, 278ppi
- Full Color Always On Display
- Corning Gorilla Glass SR+
- Processor: Dual core 1.0 GHz
- OS: Tizen Based Wearable Platform 2.3.2
- Memory: 4GB Internal
- RAM: 768MB
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Barometer, HRM, Ambient light
- Battery: 380 mAh
- Charging: Wireless Charging (WPC inductive)
- Weather: IP68 water & dust resistance
- Compatibility: Android 4.4+ with 1.5GB+ RAM
- Strap: Standard 22m
- Weight: 62g
Samsung hasn’t shared many details about battery life for the watch just yet, but the 380 mAh battery should be sufficient for keeping a charge for a few days.