After originally teasing a new Android TV device ahead of Google I/O 2016, Xiaomi is officially entering the US market starting today. The Xiaomi Mi Box has been made official and will include 4K capabilities, Google voice search, and Google Cast.
— Hugo Barra (@hbarra) October 3, 2016
Xiaomi Mi Box Specs:
- Quad-core Cortex-A53 2.0GHz Processor, Mali 450 750MHz GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 8GB eMMC Storage
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- (1) HDMI port, (1) USB 2.0 port
- Up to 4K 60fps Output Resolution
- Android TV 6.0
“We are thrilled to bring Mi Box to our fans in the U.S. in collaboration with Google. This is a significant milestone for Xiaomi, as it is our first opportunity to demonstrate to consumers here in America the power of what makes Xiaomi extraordinary: our promise of innovation for everyone.”
– Hugo Barra, Vice President, Xiaomi Global
You can either purchase the Xiaomi Mi Box from Xiaomi’s own website, or you can wait until the Mi Box comes to Walmart stores in “early October.” Regardless, the Mi Box will be priced at just $69 which is a bit more than the current generation Chromecast, and $30 cheaper than Amazon’s Fire TV.
Once you have purchased the Xiaomi Mi Box, there are some goodies that will await you once the Mi Box makes it to your living room:
- Sling TV: sign up to watch your favorite live channels and get $50 credit towards your subscription
- Pandora: listen to your favorite music with a 3-month free trial
- VUDU: rent, buy or watch your favorite movie or TV show on demand with$5 credit
Although you can purchase the Mi Box starting today, shipping will commence on October 6th and Will you be picking one of these up now that they are available? Let us know in the comments below.
Purchase from Xiaomi: Xiaomi Mi Box