VLC is one of the best video playback options across many different devices, including your computer and mobile devices. The VLC for Android app has just been updated from version 1.7 to version 2.0 after not being updated for over 6 months.
Along with the update, the developers have included a slew of new features, including some rewritten and redesigned features that were pre-existing.
- Network Disk Browsing (Windows shares, UPnP, NFS, FTP, SFTP….)
- Favorite Folders and URLs
- Video Playlists
- Popup Video
- New Permissions support
- Subtitles Download
- Rewritten Notifications and control
- Rewritten History
- The Android TV and Android versions were merged, so that every device can optionally get the updated Android TV interface.
- Finally, it should be faster to decode and playback all video types.
VLC for Android 2.0 is available for download now, and is free on the Play Store. Hit the link below and give it a shot. In the mean time, drop us a line and let us know what your favorite video playback app for Android is.
Download on Google Play: VLC for Android