After only hitting retail stores earlier this week, Pebble is wasting no time in pushing out an update to the Pebble Time that brings some of their most user requested features to the smartwatch. Arriving in firmware update 3.2 available now, users can now fine tune the brightness of their display, adjust font size, and tweak the vibration intensity of their smartwatch to their liking.
Pebble also mentions in their blog post that they’ve also improved music player controls and added support for more music apps, officially bringing Pandora, Spotify, and Songza into the fold. Users will also find a dismiss all option, handy for cleaning up some of the clutter that can build up in their notifications. Here’s the full changelog, including the app which is also seeing an update today:
Pebble Time 3.2 firmware update
- New Backlight settings: Adjust intensity and time-out duration.
- New Font Size settings: Adjust the displayed font size in notifications, layouts, and other areas of the system.
- New Vibration settings: Adjust the vibration strength for notifications, incoming calls, alerts, etc. Default vibration setting is less strong than the previous default.
- Vibration strength increases automatically if watch is in motion.
- Music (Android): Added support for most music players (e.g. Pandora, Spotify, Songza), improved display of track metadata, play/pause detection (app now displays separate pause and play icons to match current playback status).
- Notifications: A collection of improvements and fixes to enhance the notifications experience, including a new Dismiss All action.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Pebble Time 3.20 app update
- NEW: Search bar to find saved apps and watchfaces in your My Pebble menu.
- NEW: Notification preferences are now preserved after updating the Android app to a new version.
- IMPROVED: Support for setting up long canned replies to notifications.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements to version 3.1.1.
As for the original Pebble and Pebble Steel, Pebble mentions that both of these legacy devices are still on track to receive an update to the latest version of the OS later this year, but wouldn’t commit to a date. To pull the software update of your Pebble Time, hop into the app and select Menu > Support > Update Your Pebble. Cheers.