A cool feature from Google+ is now making its way to Google Now. “Stories,” which is a feature that automatically creates a story from photos based on location, has begun showing up in users’ Google Now feeds. The card shows a preview of the story, which you can then tap to go to Google+ and publish for your followers to see or just enjoy for yourself.
The notification for a new Story used to show up in Google+, but with the news of Google+ Auto Backup moving to Google Drive it would make sense that this notification also moves. If you want to use Google+ Stories there are a few things you need to do.
- Turn on Google Location History
- If you store photos on Google Drive, show your Drive photos & videos in your photo library
- Use Auto Backup on your mobile device or computer
- Make sure Auto Awesome is on
- Add your home & work addresses in Google Maps
- Take a lot of pictures
If you don’t like the Stories feature you can disable it by turning off Auto Awesome. Do you use Google+ Stories? Have you seen the notifications in Google Now?