After the Sprint HTC One M8 (and One E8) saw an international WiFi calling update last week, it’s now time for something bigger. Both the T-Mobile and Verizon HTC One M8 have already gotten an update to Android 4.4.4 with HTC’s new EYE Experience. Now that same update is heading to Sprint.
This update includes both the regular and Harman Kardon models of the One M8, but for whatever reason it seems the E8 was left out this time around. According to HTC VP of Product Mo Versi, the update is scheduled to hit devices as soon as tonight and here’s what you expect from the new camera features:
- Face Tracking: Track up to 4 faces during a video chat, and ensure that they stay within the camera’s angle of view.
- Split Capture: Record the action in front of you and yourself at the same time. Or, record the action first and then record a commentary.
- Face Fusion: Using 2 photos such as your selfie and a photo of your favorite celebrity, try merging your looks together.
- Voice Selfie: Take a picture or video selfie by just saying “Say Cheese” or “Action.”
- Live Makeup: Smoothen your skin before taking your selfie.
- Photo Booth: Take 4 selfies and merge them into a single picture.
This now leaves AT&T as the last major US carrier to push out the update, but given the purpose of the update is mainly to add a few new camera features, we’re sure approval is just around the corner. To check if the update is ready for your device, jump into your Settings > System updates > HTC Software update > Check now. Good luck!