TripIt is a popular mobile application available on the iPhone, BlackBerry and we’re now happy to announce you can get it on your Android Phone too! The company describes their free application as “instant access to all the information you might need while you’re traveling, even when you can’t connect to the internet.” Sounds helpful, right? It is.
The following (extremely) short videos aren’t specific to mobile let alone Android, but it gives you an idea of what TripIt is all about:
- Easy Access. See all the details of your TripIt itineraries, whether you’re online or offline.
- Android Integration. Link to airlines, hotels, restaurants and more, directly from your itinerary.
- Maps and Directions. Get maps and directions straight from your itinerary at the tap of a finger.
- Quick Phone Calls. Dial phone numbers on your Android straight from your TripIt itinerary.
- TripIt Pro. Support for TripIt Pro features, including flight alerts and alternate flight options.
There are 2 prerequisites for TripIt:
- You need an Android 1.5 or higher
- You must be a TripIt member in order to access your itineraries
The company recently created an API and referral program that allows developers to create their own applications atop TripIt’s service and earn 10 to 20 percent of fees earned from the subscription upgraded service. A more detailed version of the company’s vision can be seen in this 5-minute video from TravelCom 2009:
Are you a traveller? Is TripIt up your alley? Have you used TripIt before? Share your thoughts/experience below!
Since Worldmate is slow to the Android game and is taking a wait and see attitude, I say goodbye Worldmate, hello TripIt…
Holy Cow! I have been waiting for this application to be updated! Well done!
Very nice and working like a charm!
I have just sent my planes emails and hostal booking and hace received them in the app.