We had heard before that the Motorola Devour would be available in “select channels” starting February 25th but weren’t exactly sure what that meant. Now we are. Best Buy Mobile has just issued a press release announcing the availability of the Motorola Devour on February 25th with the pre-order starting February 16th.
Oh yeah, today is February 16th so head on over to BestBuy and pre-order your Motorola Devour now! Check out the press release from BusinessWire:
Best Buy Mobile Announces Launch and Pre-Sale of Motorola DEVOUR™ with MOTOBLUR™
The Motorola DEVOUR™ Will Land in Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile Standalone Stores February 25, With an In-Store Pre-Sale Starting February 16
MINNEAPOLIS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Consumers who are looking to purchase the new Motorola DEVOUR™ can do so at Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile standalone stores beginning February 25. The Motorola DEVOUR™ is the third smartphone from Verizon Wireless that runs on Google’s innovative Android operating platform and the first Verizon Wireless phone to feature MOTOBLUR™.
To support the launch of this highly anticipated device, Best Buy Mobile is hosting a pre-sale beginning February 16. Consumers can take advantage of the in-store pre-sale by visiting their local Best Buy or Best Buy Mobile standalone store where they can schedule a pick-up time after February 25 and reserve their spot by purchasing a $50 Best Buy Gift Card.
Customers who purchase the Motorola DEVOUR™ at Best Buy Mobile can avoid the hassle of mail-in rebates with instant savings applied at the point of purchase and can walk out working with access to their email, contacts and favorite content set up by a Best Buy Mobile sales associate.
“Being one of the first retailers to feature the Motorola DEVOUR™ is a win-win for Best Buy Mobile and our valued customers,” said Scott Moore, VP of marketing for Best Buy Mobile. “We saw great response with the DROID by Motorola, the first Android device for Verizon Wireless, and we expect the same response with the Motorola DEVOUR™. Our employees get really excited for these big smartphone launches and we are looking forward to helping bring the Motorola DEVOUR™ to the marketplace.”
Motorola DEVOUR™ features include the following:
* MOTOBLUR™, Motorola’s unique Android™-powered content delivery service
* Happenings Widget – MOTOBLUR automatically pushes status updates, wall posts and photo updates from popular social networking sites to the Happenings Widget on user’s home screen
* Universal Inbox – MOTOBLUR gathers texts, social network messages and e-mails into one home screen widget for quick response
* 3.1” touch screen
* Pre-loaded applications such as Gmail, Google Talk™, YouTube™, Google Search™ and Google Maps™ with Google Maps Navigation
* Through Android Market™ provides access to more than 20,000 applications
- Verizon Giving Away the Motorola Devour Free
- Verizon Announces Pre-Paid Data Plans for 3G
- Motorola Updates Upgrade Timeline, The Wait C
- Motorola Devour to Receive Update Tomorrow, N
TAGS: Motorola Devour