As if having their very own Nexus One wasn’t enough, Google gave a bunch of lucky employees with the device one more reason to feel extra special. If they visit the Android website from their Nexus one they get to play a little holiday memory matching card game that only they can play.
When they first visit the site they get a welcome screen with rules (see left) that reads:
Welcome to Nexus One!
For some festive fun, we’ve put a new twist on a classic game: “Memory”
Click on “Start Game” and you will have 5 seconds to memorize the placement of 12 pairs of cards. After 5 seconds, the cards will be flipped face down.
Your goal is to find all 12 matching pairs as quickly as possible
Just tap on a card to flip it over
Continue flipping cards until all matches are found
If you actually start the game here is a little glimpse of how it looks:
This is cute but odd as all heck – I have no clue why they would go through the effort of making this little game only available to Nexus One owners/testers/users. Oh, and by the way, the browser can tell if you’re using a Nexus One only based on the User Agent Profile which is easily spoofed. Long story short: some tweaking and you can play the holiday memory game yourself.
- Safari 4 – with developer tools enabled, go to Develop -> User Agent -> Other and type ‘Nexus One’ in the box.
- Firefox – type ‘about:config’ in the address bar and filtering on ‘useragent’ and setting it there. It’s apparently not quite as easy to do with the Chrome dev tools.
- Firefox method 2 (AG) – Use the User Agent Switcher extension
- Chrome – SOL
And as a nice little touch, Google dressed up the robot in some nice little outfits for the game:
Apparently the 2nd of those is “Robo-Ralphie” from A Christmas Story, identified by TechCrunch. It’s nice to see the news take a turn for the merrier and more relaxed as this Google Nexus One Phone stuff has been heavily anchoring everything the past few days.
- Galaxy Wallpapers
- Name your price web design course
- MLB.com At Bat Redesigned
- Huawei-made Nexus coming this year?
- Check out the Nexus One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Nexus One