The T-Mobile Bigfoot has quite a backstory… evading our ability to draw a solid conclusion that ironically, allows it to live up to its Bigfoot billing. When it initially leaked it was given the name of G1 version 2 (Bigfoot) so everyone assumed it would be made by HTC. But then a WalMart document seemed to out it as the Motorola Morrison. Turns out it is probably the Samsung Bigfoot and now we’ve got a clear picture of the phone thanks to BGR!
UPDATE: A number of commenters, Emailers and whatever-elsers have chimed in calling BS, mainly due to the lack of hardware buttons that seem somewhat obligatory for Android handsets. Then again… they could always be added to this and/or they could be optical buttons? Hmmm…
Pretty sweet looking device although that neon green is pretty wacky! If the Samsung Bigfoot really does take the place of the HTC made G1, you’ll notice that it does away with the lower portion including the hardware buttons, trackball and chin in favor of a more full touchscreen look – even though the screen doesn’t extend end to end.
Rumored specs include:
- 3 MP camera
- 3″ capacitative AMOLED touch screen (yum-oled)
According to the BGR source it is launching soon… as in REALLY SOON. That is pretty darn good news for every Android fan on the planet. Although two things make me REALLY, REALLY curious:
- Why isn’t HTC making this device?
- What name will this phone be given? (Samsung Bigfoot? T-Mobile G1 version 2? T-Mobile G2? T-Mobile G1 Bigfoot? Etc…)
Your turn… chime in!
- Sprint CEO Confirms 2009 Android, Ready For P
- New Samsung Phone In 2 Hours – Fingers
- Android 2.0 Donut, Samsung Bigfoot, Samsung S
- Nexus 6 has a hidden RGB LED light
- Check out the Samsung Bigfoot forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Bigfoot