There are a lot of things that can contribute to bad battery life. One of the most common culprits is misbehaving apps. This can be apps that run too much in the background or just aren’t optimized properly. If you notice bad battery life out of the blue, there’s a good chance an app is causing it. This guide will show you how to identify those apps and prevent them from killing your battery.
The following steps may be slightly different depending on your phone. You should be able to find the same thing if you look for similar settings.
- Go to Settings
- Find the Power or Battery settings
- Look for Battery usage or something similar
- Android Oreo will point out misbehaving apps on the Battery page
- You’ll see a list of apps ordered by battery usage
- Select an app
- You can Force stop it or go to App info to uninstall
It’s as simple as that. Now you can keep a close eye on apps and make sure they don’t misbehave. If they do, you know how to stop them.