Smartphones are truly a convenient way to sort your tasks and schedules these days, offering users countless apps and services to choose from. With that said, if you use Google’s Assistant Notes feature (as well as Shopping Lists and such), then you might want to know that Google will be moving these to Google Keep, the company’s very own notes app.
The good news is that users won’t have to do anything to finalize the transfer, as the move will be fully handled by Google. According to an official support page:
Your Shopping List and Assistant Notes and Lists are now saved in Google Keep. Your notes and lists will move automatically, with no action required on your part. After the move, Keep will include both Shopping List and Assistant Notes.
With that being said, Google states that certain user data might not be included in the move, which include the following:
- Family notes in your account created on Smart Displays. Some lists or notes that are too large for Google Keep, like:
- Notes or lists with titles longer than 999 characters
- Notes longer than 19,999 characters
- Lists with more than 999 items
- Lists with any item longer than 999 characters
- Any data that can’t be moved will be available for download through Google Takeout until 1st May, 2024, after which it’ll be automatically deleted from Google servers.
With that being said, users can view their migrated data directly on the Google Keep app, which is available via the Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store.