Motorola’s Edge lineup has made a good name for itself since its debut. It has phones that offer great value for money across different price points. The Motorola Edge (2021) is one such smartphone that debuted last year. Some of its key features include a 144Hz display, a 108-megapixel camera, and a huge 5,000mAh battery. It was priced at $699 but carrier contracts make it easier to own the phone. The only thing is you are bound to that particular carrier for some time.
In this tutorial, we will talk about how to SIM unlock the Motorola Edge (2021) for free. This will help you switch SIM cards and use some other carrier’s network on your phone. It should be noted that this will not free you of your contract obligations with the carrier. So without further ado, lets get started.
Also Read: Motorola Edge (2021) 108MP camera test
SIM unlock Motorola Edge (2021) for free
You can get your Motorola Edge (2021) SIM unlocked for free by getting in touch with your carrier. The process is usually the same across the majority of carriers. If the following steps do not work for you, we would advise contacting customer support.
- Open the dialer app on your Motorola Edge (2021).
- Dial *#06# and it will show your device’s IMEI number. Note it down somewhere as you will need it.
- Call your carrier’s customer support number and raise a SIM unlock request.
- If you meet all criteria explained above, the customer rep should accept the request and send you SIM unlock code via email. It could take 2-5 days to arrive.
- Insert the SIM from another carrier in your Motorola Edge (2021) after receiving the code.
- Follow on-screen steps and enter the code when asked for. This should SIM unlock your Motorola Edge (2021) for free.
The process is a little different for T-Mobile users as they need to use the official unlock app from the carrier.
SIM unlock Motorola Edge (2021) via paid code
There are various third-party tools that help with the SIM unlocking process in exchange for a little fee. The best part is that they let you unlock the device rather quickly. Android SIM Unlock is one such tool that does the job and we will use it for the purpose of this tutorial.
- Visit the Android SIM Unlock website and search for Motorola Edge (2021).
- On the device page, enter its IMEI number and your email address. You also need to enter the carrier’s name and country.
- The IMEI number can be found by dialing *#06#.
- Complete the checkout process by making the payment through your preferred method.
- Your SIM unlock code will be sent to you via SMS or email.
- Enter the SIM card from another carrier and follow the on-screen steps. Enter the unlock code when it tells you to.
- This should unlock your Motorola Edge (2021) instantly.
SIM unlock Motorola Edge (2021) on T-Mobile or Metro by T-Mobile
- Find your device’s IMEI number using the methods explained above.
- Find the T-Mobile Device Unlock or MetroPCS Device Unlock service for your phone.
- Enter the IMEI number and complete the checkout process.
- Wait for 1-3 days to receive an email that confirms that the unlocking process is complete.
- Enter the SIM from another carrier and launch the official Device Unlock app.
Tap Permanent Unlock to proceed and you should see the confirmation that your device is now fully unlocked.