The newly launched iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max are loaded with features that make them different from any other iPhone model. They feature Dynamic Island, Always On Display, and a 48-megapixel camera sensor with ProRAW support. As you can guess, it also means you need to pay top dollar to own any of these Pro variants. This is where carrier-locked variants come to the rescue as they save you from the burden of spending $1000 in just one moment.
But buying a carrier-locked variant does not mean you need to stick to the same carrier until you decide to sell the device. There are ways using which you can easily SIM unlock iPhone 14 Pro Max and move to any other carrier of your choice. So without further ado, let’s get started.
iPhone 14 Pro Max SIM unlocking prerequisites
You need to keep in mind a few things before proceeding with the SIM unlocking process. You should ensure that there are no dues pending on the iPhone 14 Pro Max you are interested in unlocking. If there is any amount that you need to pay to your carrier, it must be paid completely before the device can be unlocked.
You also need to own your iPhone 14 Pro Max for a few days since buying it. The timeline is usually within 60-90 days but it differs depending on the carrier. If you meet these criteria, you are ready to proceed.
SIM unlock iPhone 14 Pro Max for free
There are some carriers that automatically unlock your iPhone after 60 days of the purchase. Once this window is completed, you can insert a SIM from any other carrier and start using it. The process is a little different for T-Mobile users as they need to use the official unlock app from the carrier.
For other carriers:
- Open Settings on your iPhone 14 Pro Max.
- Tap General followed by About.
- Scroll down until you find the IMEI section. Note it down somewhere as you will need it.
- Call your carrier’s customer support number and raise a SIM unlock request.
- If you meet all criteria explained above, the customer rep should accept the request and send you SIM unlock code via email. It could take 2-5 days to arrive.
- Insert the SIM from another carrier in your iPhone 14 Pro Max after receiving the code.
- Follow on-screen steps and enter the code when asked for. This should SIM unlock your iPhone 14 Pro Max for free.
SIM unlock iPhone 14 Pro Max via paid code
There are various third-party tools that help with the SIM unlocking process in exchange for a little fee. The best part is that they let you unlock the device rather quickly. Android SIM Unlock is one such tool that does the job.
- Visit the Android SIM Unlock website and search for iPhone 14 Pro/iPhone 14 Pro Max.
- On the device page, enter its IMEI number and your email address. You also need to enter the carrier’s name and country.
- The IMEI number can be found by visiting Settings > General > About > IMEI. You can also dial *#06# to get the number.
- Complete the checkout process by making the payment through your preferred method.
- Your SIM unlock code will be sent to you via SMS or email.
- Enter the SIM card from another carrier and follow the on-screen steps. Enter the unlock code when it tells you to.
- This should unlock your iPhone 14 Pro Max instantly.
SIM unlock iPhone 14 Pro Max on T-Mobile or Metro by T-Mobile
- Find your device’s IMEI number using the methods explained above.
- Find the T-Mobile Device Unlock or MetroPCS Device Unlock service for your phone.
- Enter the IMEI number and complete the checkout process.
- Wait for 1-3 days to receive an email that confirms that the unlocking process is complete.
- Enter the SIM from another carrier and launch the official Device Unlock app.
Tap Permanent Unlock to proceed and you should see the confirmation that your device is now fully unlocked.