The OnePlus 10T was launched in August of 2022 and it is kind of the successor to the OnePlus 10 Pro as it packs the latest in terms of smartphone hardware. We’re talking about the use of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset and packs as much as 16GB of RAM. It also boasts a triple camera setup on the back consisting of a 50MP f/1.8 main shooter, an 8MP f/2.2 ultrawide, and a 2MP f/2.4 macro camera.
Now, as with most phones bought in the US, you can opt to buy it directly through a carrier. This is a great option if you don’t want to pay the full price of the phone upfront as carriers usually offer an installment plan if you’re willing to sign a contract for the next 2 years or so. The only problem is that this results in your SIM being locked to said carrier.
It is natural since carriers will want to ensure you don’t run away, plus it also makes sure that you’re tied to them for the next few years. This can make traveling internationally a little tricky, but not to worry because we’ll show you how to unlock the SIM on your OnePlus 10T for free.
FREE OnePlus 10T SIM unlock
Carriers usually are more than happy to unlock the SIM on your phone and this is typically a free service they provide to customers. There are certain conditions that you’ll have to meet in order to qualify for a free SIM unlock, and here they are:
- You need to be in good standing with your carrier, meaning that you don’t have any outstanding bills and that the contract with your carrier for the phone has expired
- You’ll also need to make sure that you have owned the device for at least 60-90 days
Keep in mind that the requirements may vary from carrier to carrier so it’s always best to call ahead to see what they need, but generally speaking, those are usually what carriers look for. Assuming you meet those requirements, then the process of unlocking the SIM on the OnePlus 10T is pretty easy, just follow the steps below:
- On your OnePlus 10T handset, launch the Phone app and dial *#06# to pull up your phone’s IMEI number
- Write the IMEI number down somewhere so you can refer to it later
- Call your carrier and request for your SIM unlock code
- You will probably be asked to provide the IMEI for the OnePlus 10T
- If you meet all the requirements that we mentioned above, the SIM unlock code will be sent to the email address you provided in the next 2-5 days.
- Once you’ve received your code, swap out the SIM with a SIM from another carrier
- Enter the SIM unlock code that you received in your email when prompted and you’re set!
Android SIM Unlock
In the event that your carrier refuses to unlock the SIM on your OnePlus 10T, don’t fret. If that is the case, then you’ll need to use a SIM unlocking service such as Android SIM Unlock. You’ll have to pay a small fee but it won’t be too expensive, and it is more or less guaranteed to work. If you don’t want to jump through some of the hurdles offered by carriers, this is a fantastic alternative.
If you do opt to go through Android SIM Unlock’s services, then here’s what you need to do to complete the SIM unlocking process on your phone:
- On your OnePlus 10T phone, launch the Phone app and dial *#06# to get the device’s IMEI number
- Write the IMEI number down
- Go to Android SIM Unlock’s website
- Enter your device’s IMEI number
- Complete the checkout process with your payment and contact information
- Once payment is made, you should then receive the OnePlus 10T’s unlock code either through SMS or email
- The moment you’ve received your code, you can then swap out the SIM on your phone with a SIM from another carrier
- You should be prompted to enter the SIM unlock code that you received in your email, and once you’ve done that, you should be good to go
Once the OnePlus 10T’s SIM is unlocked, you are now free to use it with different SIM cards from other carriers. The unlocking process is especially useful if you’re traveling overseas. This is because it is generally cheaper to buy a local SIM than to pay for roaming charges, plus local SIMs usually give you both voice and data, whereas in some cases you might have to pay for separate packages for voice AND data roaming if you’re relying on your home carrier.
Another thing is that SIM unlocking your phone does not release you from any contractual obligations you might have with your carrier. You are still expected to continue paying your bills on time as well as any potential repayments you might have with them.
- How to SIM Unlock the OnePlus Nord N100
- How to SIM unlock the OnePlus Nord N10 5G
- How to SIM unlock the OnePlus Nord N200 5G
- How to SIM unlock the OnePlus 10 Pro
- How to SIM unlock the OnePlus Nord 2
Note: this article may contain affiliate links that help support our authors and keep the Phandroid servers running.