Google’s new Pixel 6a has been getting a lot of good and bad attention lately. While there’s some debate over the phone’s lackluster display, most reviews agree that the Pixel 6a has one of the best camera setups for a mid-range smartphone. The Pixel 6a can easily outperform most other mid-range smartphones, but how does it fare when stacked up against a device like the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra?
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra takes smartphone camera hardware to the next level with a 108MP main camera, two zoom cameras (one of which features 10x optical zoom), and one of the best selfie cameras on the market.
- Pre-order the Galaxy Z Flip4 or Galaxy Z Fold4 and a FREE storage upgrade, a free case and up to $1,000 in trade-in credit!
Since comparing specs doesn’t really get us anything, we went out and captured nearly 100 side-by-side photos and videos to see if the Pixel 6a can compete with the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. Take a look at the video and photo gallery below and let us know which device you think has the better smartphone camera setup.
Pixel 6a versus Galaxy S22 Ultra camera specs
- 12.2 MP, f/1.7, 27mm, (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 17mm, 114˚ (ultrawide), 1.25µm
- 8 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (selfie)
- Video: 4k/60/30, 1080p/30 selfie
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
- 108 MP, f/1.8, 24mm (wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm,
- 10 MP, f/4.9, 230mm (periscope telephoto), OIS, 10x optical zoom
- 10 MP, f/2.4, 70mm (telephoto), OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 120˚ (ultrawide), Super Steady video
- 40 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (Selfie)
- Video: 8K@24fps (main), 4K@30/60fps (all)
Pixel 6a versus Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra photo gallery