Instagram Reels give creators a fun and creative way to connect with their followers, get boosted engagement, and discover new audiences. It results in various trends on the platform that non-influencer users contribute to as well. If you want to share a reel based on a trend but do not know how to do exact same edits, Instagram Reels Templates are there to help you.
It is a new Instagram feature where you can use certain popular reels as templates to create your own reel. All you need to do is to tap on placeholder clips to replace them with your photos and videos. Here is how you can create Reels by using Instagram Reels templates.
Steps to use Instagram Reels Templates:
- Open Instagram and visit the Reels tab on your device.
- Tap the camera icon in the top right corner to enter the reels creator interface.
- Swipe right to access the Templates option which will present you with a bunch of Reels template options.
- Tap the Use template button to start using your preferred template.
- You will see an editor with the whole reel divided into multiple clips. Each of these can be replaced with a personal photo or video.
- Tap Add media and select photos/videos you want to use.
- Instagram will show you a preview of how the Reel looks. If you are happy with the result, tap Next to share the reel. You can choose to add filters and texts as well.
This is how you can use Instagram Reels Templates with ease. Alternatively, Instagram will show the Use Template label for reels that can be used as a template. It is beneficial when you are browsing through Reels and want to check if it is a template. Tapping on the label will bring you to the same interface that we explained above. You can also tap the three-dot icon to get the use as template option.