WhatsApp group chats are incredibly useful if you need to chat with groups of friends, family members, colleagues, communities, and so on. But from time to time, you might need to remove someone from a group chat for whatever reason.
Maybe that person is no longer part of the community, or they are no longer with the company, or maybe they’re just being disruptive and you need to remove them from the group chat. Thankfully, it’s pretty easy and as long as you have group admin status, removing someone from a WhatsApp group chat can be done in a matter of seconds.
Removing someone from a WhatsApp group chat
- Open WhatsApp on your phone
- Tap the group chat you want to remove the user from
- Tap the top of the group chat’s name
- You will now see a list of users who are part of the current group chat
- Tap on the user you want to remove from the group chat
- Tap on Remove from Group
Keep in mind that the person you removed will still have access to the chat history prior to their removal, which means that if sensitive information needs to be shared, it should only be done after the person’s removal, otherwise they will be able to see it and keep it as part of their chat history.
Also, the user will know who has removed them as a small message will be shown in the chat that they have been removed from the group and by whom, but otherwise the removal process is pretty quick and simple and can be done in seconds.
- How to export and restore your WhatsApp chat history
- How to make a WhatsApp group call
- How to change your WhatsApp phone number
- How to migrate WhatsApp chat history from Android to iPhone
- How to turn on two-factor authentication for WhatsApp