There are some people who can fall asleep with music playing in the background, and then there are some who might be more of a light sleeper and cannot fall asleep when there are noises going on in the background.
If you consider yourself more of a light sleeper but would still like to enjoy some tunes or podcasts before you go to bed, Spotify actually has a Sleep Timer feature that basically stops playback after a set period of time.
This means that you can put on some songs or a podcast and listen to it until you fall asleep, and after the Sleep Timer goes off, the music will stop so that you won’t get woken up again later or drain your phone’s battery. If you’d like to check out the feature, then here’s how you can enable the Sleep Timer on Spotify.
Enable Spotify’s Sleep Timer
- Launch Spotify
- Select the song or playlist you’d like to start playing
- Once the audio starts playing, tap the “Now Playing” bar located at the bottom of the app
- Once the “Now Playing” screen options, top the three-dots icon at the top right corner of the app
- Select Sleep timer
- If you’re listening to a podcast, follow the steps above but tap the moon-shaped symbol located at the bottom of the app
- Choose from the available timers, or select “End of track” if you want Spotify to stop playing music once the track ends. This might be useful if you are listening to a particularly long song
- You can repeat the steps above if you want to change the Sleep timer’s duration or if you want to turn it off completely
- How to share a Spotify playlist on desktop and mobile
- How to upload your podcast on Spotify
- How to connect Spotify to Alexa
- How to upload songs to Spotify