Because the space in your notification tray is limited, it might feel cluttered and sluggish if one or two alerts are continually there.. So, how do you turn them off? There are a handful of options.
Identifying where the notifications are coming from
Weather alerts may be quite useful, but they can also be annoying. The local temperature and humidity will be shown on your At a Glance and will be displayed on the Pixel’s always-on display. You can achieve this in a few of ways, fortunately.
Because Android is such a configurable operating system, you can completely customize what you see from the Google App. To turn off weather notifications in the Google App, follow these steps:
- On your Pixel, find the Google App.
- In the app, tap your profile picture.
- Towards the bottom of the menu that appears, tap Settings.
- The second option will be Notifications. Tap it.
- Tap Notifications again.
- Scroll down to find Current weather conditions. Toggle it off.
On the Notification tray you can:
- On your pixel, swipe down from the homescreen once.
- When you see a weather notification. Long tap it.
- At the bottom of the notification, tap Turn off notifications.
- You’ll then see Current weather notifications highlighted. Toggle it off.