Easter is nearly upon us and sometimes, some companies tend to run some sales and promotions for the holiday. If you’re looking for new pieces of software, whether it be a copy of Windows 10 or Windows 11 for your brand new PC build (or want to upgrade from Home to Pro), or if you need a copy of Microsoft Office for work or school, then don’t miss out on this deal.
VIP-SCDKey is running an Easter promotion where they are heavily discounting OEM licenses of Windows and Office along with other software titles that you can find on its website. They will also be offering an additional 30% off the final price if you use the skpha coupon code upon checkout, and here are some of the deals you can expect.
- Windows 10 Pro OEM Key Lifetime – $15.15 (after 30% coupon skpha)
- Windows 10 Home OEM Key Lifetime – $14.12 (after 30% coupon skpha)
- Windows 11 Pro OEM Key Lifetime – $21.30 (after 30% coupon skpha)
- Office 2016 Professional Plus Key Lifetime – $26.12 (after 30% coupon skpha)
- Office 2019 Professional Plus Key Lifetime – $45.55 (after 30% coupon skpha)
- Office 2021 Professional Plus Key Lifetime – $48.94 (after 30% coupon skpha)
- Windows 10 Pro OEM + Office 2016 Pro Plus Lifetime – $38.97 (after 30% coupon skpha)
- Windows 10 Pro OEM + Office 2019 Pro Plus Lifetime – $58.31 (after 30% coupon skpha)
How to buy and install an OEM copy of Windows
- Choose from any of the versions of Windows in the link above
- On VIP-SCDKey’s product page listing, click the “Buy Now” button and add it to your cart
- Right before you click “Submit Order”, make sure you remember to enter the skpha coupon code for 30% discount off the final price
- Click Submit Order
- Choose your payment method and click Pay Now
- Upon successful payment, you should receive the license in your email
- Now on your computer, click on the Start Menu
- Go to Settings
- Click on Update & Security
- Click Activate Windows or Change Product Key
- Enter the license code that you previously received in your email and you’ll be good to go
What is an OEM license?
If you were to go to Microsoft’s website for Windows 10 Pro, you’ll notice how much it costs compared to the price that VIP-SCDKey is offering. It is a huge, huge difference and you might be wondering and might also be a little wary as to why and how VIP-SCDKey is selling the license for so cheap?
If you were concerned about whether or not this is a genuine license, it is. The reason why it’s so much cheaper compared to retail is that this is an OEM license that is typically sold to computer manufacturers.
Can you imagine if computer makers like Dell, ASUS, Acer, or HP had to pay $200 for every copy of Windows 10 Pro they install on their computers? This would make their costs extremely high which would then be passed down to consumers, which is why these companies use OEM licenses.
Fundamentally there are no differences in terms of features. Both an OEM and retail license offer the same Windows experience. The main difference is that OEM licenses are usually linked to the motherboard of your PC, meaning that if you build a brand new PC, it would be difficult or impossible to move the licenses over compared to retail.
That being said, at $15, an OEM license for Windows 10 is still considerably cheaper that what Microsoft is charging and buying an additional 2-3 copies would still save you a lot of money.