One of the first things that a user does during an Android device setup is to sign in with Google. It not only allows them to access Google Play Store for downloading new apps and games but also helps them keep a lot of data in sync. The latter is beneficial when you are moving from an old device to a new one or if you use multiple Android devices.
However, what if you want to remove the account from an Android device that has been stolen or cannot be accessed physically due to some other reason? This seems like a scary situation to be in but there is a simple way to get out of it. This article explains how you can sign out of your Google account from a device remotely.
Remove Google account from Android device remotely:
- Visit Google Account settings on a web browser and sign in with the same Googe account that is logged in on the device.
- This will open a dashboard where you need to click on Security in the left sidebar.
- Scroll down the Security page until you see the Your Devices section. This will show a list of devices where your Google account is signed in and the last time they were used.
- Click the Manage Devices option in the same section.
- Click the three-dot icon next to the device on which you want to remove the account and choose the Sign Out option.
- Confirm on the pop-up by clicking Sign Out once again and that’s it.
This is how you can easily remove a Google account from an Android device remotely. If you have signed in on any other device like a laptop or iOS device, you can follow the same steps to remove the account from them as well.