Carriers typically make more money off postpaid customers who tend to be subscribed to their services for a longer period of time. This is versus prepaid customers who might only top up every now and then. This is why usually when it comes to services and features, it feels like prepaid customers usually get the short end of the stick.
The good news is that if you’re primarily a prepaid user and want some of the features that postpaid customers typically enjoy, then you might be interested to learn that AT&T Prepaid has announced a new Unlimited MAX with 5G plan that will be exclusively available at Walmart.
This new plan will be priced at just $45 a month and when you activate the plan in-store at a Walmart, here are some of the features and services you can look forward to:
- Unlimited talk and text
- Unlimited high-speed data with 5G
- 10GB mobile hotspot
- 100GB of cloud storage
- Fraud call blocking
- HD streaming
- Mexico and Canada
In case $45 a month is still too much for you to pay, not to worry because AT&T Prepaid has other prepaid plans that could also be worth looking at. This includes:
- 15GB of high-speed data for $35/mo. (reg $40) that includes unlimited talk and text, mobile hotspot, fraud call blocking, rollover data, and Mexico and Canada.
- 5GB of high-speed data for $25/mo. (reg. $30) which includes unlimited talk and text, mobile hotspot, fraud call blocking and rollover data.
AT&T also states that customers who qualify for their Affordable Connectivity Program can apply their subsidy of up to $30 to any of AT&T’s prepaid plans, as well as purchase a brand new smartphone and get an additional $50-$100 off those phones if they were to get it at Walmart.
- Motorola Moto g Pure for $19 (reg. $69)
- Samsung Galaxy A03s for $29 (reg. $79)
- Samsung Galaxy A12 for $69 (reg. $119)
- iPhone SE for $149 (reg. $249)
- iPhone 11 for $299 (reg. $399)