If you’re the proud owner of a OnePlus 9 or OnePlus 9 Pro but want to jump on the Android 12 bandwagon, you’re in luck. Like several other phone manufacturers, OnePlus is making it possible for device owners to download and install the first Android 12 Beta on their phones.
Like every beta or developer preview, there are bound to be some bugs that will arise, so we don’t recommend putting this on your primary device. OnePlus has already outlined “known issues” that you are likely to come across if you flash the beta onto your OnePlus 9.
- All data will be cleared while flashing the build
- Video call function is not available
- Fingerprint unlock and face unlock are unavailable
- Certain UI screens look less than desirable
- Some apps may not function as expected
- System stability issues
How to install Android 12 on OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro
If you’re a daredevil like us and just want the latest version of Android now, these are the steps that you’ll need to take in order to get Android 12 on the OnePlus 9 or 9 Pro now. If you want to get a full idea of what OnePlus is detailing in this update, there’s a new OnePlus Community forum post to use as a reference, while also making it possible to ask any questions to others in the community.
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package.
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to your OnePlus 9 or 9 Pro.
- From your phone, open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select System > System Updates.
- Click the icon in the top right corner.
- Select Local Upgrade.
- From the list, select the correct installation package.
- Click the Upgrade button.
- After Android 12 is finished installing, click the Restart button.
Once your phone has finished restarting, you will be greeted with the same setup process that you would find if you were installing Android 12 on a Pixel device. You won’t find any OxygenOS goodies, and will instead be greeted with stock Android 12. We’re just getting this installed on our own OnePlus 9, so we’ll be sure to report back with any major findings or changes that we come across.