Samsung has come out swinging in 2021 with the release of three new smartphones and the all-new Galaxy Buds Pro. These truly wireless headphones combine the best features of the Galaxy Buds+ and the Buds Live, with a comfortable design along with Active Noise Cancellation.
There’s a very good chance that the Buds Pro could end up being the best truly wireless earbuds of the year, especially considering Samsung’s additional features available via the Galaxy Wearable app. With these headphones arriving on doorsteps, you may end up running into some issues over the duration of your ownership.
Why would you reset the Galaxy Buds Pro?
Just like any other piece of technology, the Galaxy Buds Pro are not immune to potential bugs and issues. This is especially true in the products early days, which could be remedied with a simple reset or restart of the headphones. Some of the issues that you may come across include the following:
- Unable to connect to an already paired device
- Unable to update
- Not properly charging
- Unable to pair with a new device
- Intermittent disconnections
If you experience any of these problems, you’ll want to try to reset Galaxy Buds Pro to try and get them back in working order.
How to reset Galaxy Buds Pro
Before you reset Galaxy Buds Pro, you can actually restart them. There are no hardware buttons on the earbuds, or the charging case. However, you can still perform a “hard restart” that won’t delete any already-paired devices. Here’s how you can restart the Galaxy Buds Pro.
- Be sure to charge your Galaxy Buds Pro via a USB-C cable before starting.
- Charge for about 10 minutes before proceeding.
- Place both earbuds in the charging case and make sure that they are properly seated.
- Close the charging case.
- Wait for 10-15 seconds.
- Take the Galaxy Buds Pro out of the case.
In the event that you have already tried the restart with the Buds Pro, but are still having problems, then you’ll need to reset Galaxy Buds Pro. Here’s how you can do so with the help of the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.
- Open the lid of the Galaxy Buds Pro with the earbuds inside.
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap Reset again to confirm.
We are excited to see how the Galaxy Buds Pro stack up against the competition. Maybe Samsung has finally found the right formula to provide the best AirPods for Android experience. Only time will tell, but let us know what you think about these headphones in the comments below.