In late 2020, Sony released the new Playstation 5, one of the most powerful gaming consoles the world has ever seen. While the console itself is getting most of the attention, the PS5 DualSense controller features a complete redesign with better ergonomics, haptic feedback that allows you to feel the different surfaces your character is walking on, and resistive triggers that change based on what you’re doing.
All of these changes deliver a more immersive gaming experience on the PS5, but your use of the PS5 DualSense controller isn’t limited to your gaming console. That’s right, the PS5 DualSense controller can also be used with your Android smartphone, allowing you to play many of your favorite mobile games as well. Naturally, the new features introduced by the controller own;t really work with Android games, but the improved ergonomics of the controller make it quite a bit more conformable than more of the cheap Bluetooth gaming controllers being sold for mobile gaming.
How to connect the PS5 DualSense controller to your smartphone
If you’re interested in pairing your new PS5 DualSense controller with your Android smartphone or tablet, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on the PS5 DualSense controller by pressing the PS logo
- Hold down the PS logo button simultaneously as the Share button to put the PS5 controller into pairing mode.
- When the lights around the touchpad begin to pulse blue, notifying you that it’s searching for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- On your smartphone go to Settings > Connection Preferences > Bluetooth > Pair new device
- Select the PS5 DualSense controller from the list of available devices.
(NOTE: the controller may not pair with the smartphone if your PS5 is turned on. To ensure there is no interference, manually turn the console off).
- Once the PS5 DualSense controller pairing with your smartphone is complete, you will be able to use it to play games that support Bluetooth controllers.
The PS5 controller supports many Android & iOS games but you cannot take advantage of all the features. Many games are easier to play on a physical device than on a touch screen. You can also navigate your android phone with your controller. However, you cannot use your PS5 controller with multiple android devices.