With the release of Android 11 for its Galaxy S20 series smartphones, Samsung has officially announced that the update will be making its way to its Galaxy Note 20 series devices “in the coming weeks.” As is usually the case, Samsung is rolling out the next version of Android to its flagship devices that made their debut in the sprint before releasing the update to the Note phones that launched during the summer.
We do not know exactly how soon the Note 20 smartphones will be getting the update, but we’re hoping that “in the coming weeks.” implies that it’ll be here before Christmas.
The Android 11 update for the Galaxy Note device will also feature the latest One UI 3.0 update which seems to pack in more features than the One UI 2.0 update we got last year.
One UI 3.0 feature highlights
- New, Refreshed Design: More simplicity and elegance, including visual enhancements to highlight important information on the home screen, lock screen, notifications and Quick Panel and new visual effects such as Dim/Blur.
- Enhanced Everyday Features: Redesigned Lock screen widgets help control music and view important information without having to unlock the device
- Improved Camera Capabilities: Improved autofocus and auto-exposure. Plus, organize categories on Gallery to quickly find photos.
- Extended Customization: Share images, videos or documents more easily with the ability to customize the share sheet.
- Samsung Free: A tailored channel full of news, games, and free content from Samsung TV Plus all available with a simple right-swipe from the Home screen.
We still don’t have a timeline regarding when Samsung’s 2019 smartphones will be updated to Android 11. The Galaxy S10 and Note 10 series will likely be treated to the same Android 11 with One UI 3.0 update as Samsung’s 2020 flagship devices, but it’s unclear at this point if mid-range A-series smartphones in Samsung’s 2019 lineup will be upgraded to Android 11 as well.
- How to SIM unlock the Samsung Galaxy S20 for free
- First 10 things every Samsung Galaxy S20 user should do
- Best Chargers for the Samsung Galaxy S20
- Best Samsung Galaxy S20 cases