The Honor 6X is easily one of the best deals you can get for a smartphone. Not only does it offer a good amount of hardware for the money, it’s practically packed to the brim with software features. Like the 5X before it, the Honor 6X is all Huawei. That means you’ll need to learn the special version of Android it’s running, a little something Huawei calls EMUI. If you’re new to Huawei or Honor devices — don’t worry. This incredibly massive list of tips and tricks will help you get well acquainted with some of the best software features the Honor 6X has to offer.
Start here: 16 things every Honor 6X user should do
Most smartphones have the ability to act as a wireless hotspot, sharing their cellular data connection with others over WiFi. The Honor 6X not only does this, but it also has the ability to act as a WiFi bridge, extending the range of a wireless network with others. Keep in mind the 6X only supports the 2.4GHz WiFi band (sorry, no 5GHz), but that means it’ll work fine with all wireless devices (like that PS4 struggling to hold onto WiFi connection in a far off room). Here’s how you can turn it on:
- Open the Settings app
- Tap on More
- Tethering & portable hotspot
- Tap on Wi-Fi bridge
- Tap on the toggle button for Wi-Fi bridge
Some additional things to consider:
- Wi-Fi bridge can significantly improve the transmission range and intensity of Wi-Fi signals. Other devices can be connected to your current Wi-Fi network through your device.
- Wi-Fi bridge supports access from up to 4 devices.
- Wi-Fi bridge does not work with the Wi-Fi hotspot and Wi-Fi Direct features. If Wi-Fi bridge is enabled, some applications that use P2P services may not work properly.
- Using Wi-Fi bridge consumes your battery power faster.