The Honor 6X is easily one of the best deals you can get for a smartphone. Not only does it offer a good amount of hardware for the money, it’s practically packed to the brim with software features. Like the 5X before it, the Honor 6X is all Huawei. That means you’ll need to learn the special version of Android it’s running, a little something Huawei calls EMUI. If you’re new to Huawei or Honor devices — don’t worry. This incredibly massive list of tips and tricks will help you get well acquainted with some of the best software features the Honor 6X has to offer.
Start here: 16 things every Honor 6X user should do
This is how you can shuffle your home screen pages around (long press a page), add new pages, or make any page your default screen by pressing the home icon at the top. You can also customize your home screen by taking advantage of the options at the bottom: wallpaper, widgets, transition animations (when swiping between pages), or even further change the behavior of your home screen by making use of additional settings.
These settings include:
- Home layout (grid size)
- Auto-align – automatically fill vacancy after you remove an application (like how it works on iOS)
- Shake to realign home screen icons
- Badge app icons – enable on all supported apps, or turn on/off individually
- Home screen loop – allow home screen to loop when swiping past the last page
- Auto-rotate – allow your home screen to automatically rotate into portrait or landscape mode