There’s little doubt that the Samsung Galaxy S9 and the larger Galaxy S9 Plus are among the best smartphones of 2018. But if you find yourself reading this article, you’re likely already aware of that. What you want to know is how you can SIM unlock the Samsung Galaxy S9 since it is SIM locked to your service provider. The main reason to SIM unlock the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus is because you’re planning to switch service providers, but a SIM-unlocked Galaxy S9 can also fetch a higher price if you’re planning on selling the phone as well. Regardless of why you need it, the instructions below will help you secure a free Samsung Galaxy S9 SIM unlock code for your device.
Keep in mind that is can take 2-3 days to get a free SIM unlock code for your device. If you can’t wait that long, you might consider picking your Samsung Galaxy S9 SIM unlock code from Android SIM Unlock or similar third-party services.
What many people don’t know is that getting a free SIM unlock code for the Samsung Galaxy S9 and the Galaxy S9 Plus is fairly easy. If you look through your service provider’s fine print on their website, you’ll find that most of them will give you the SIM unlock code for your phone, just as long as you meet a handful of requirements. Each service provider has their own unique requirements, but typically you’ll need to make sure that the phone you are trying to unlock is paid in full, your account is in good standing (no late or unpaid bills) and that you’ve owned the phone for 60-90 days. If you meet these requirements, you shouldn’t have any issues getting a free SIM unlock code for your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
Request your free unlock code
- Open the phone app and dial #06# to display your Samsung Galaxy S9’s IMEI number
- Wrote the number down on a piece of paper for quick reference
- Call your service provider to request your free SIM unlock code
- Provide your phone’s IMEI number to the customer service rep
- If eligible, your Samsung Galaxy S9 SIM unlock code will be emailed to you in 2-3 days
SIM unlock your Samsung Galaxy S9
- When you receive your unlock code, replace the SIM card with one from another service provider
- When prompted, enter the SIM unlock code you received
- Once the code is entered, the device will be SIM unlocked.
The process is fairly simple and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete.