The OnePlus 3/3T has received a steady stream of updates since it launched almost 2 years ago. In fact, the phones have already received Android 8.0 Oreo. With that, users are already looking toward the next big update, with recent Open Betas bringing coveted features like OnePlus’ insanely fast Face Unlock.
And although it’s not Android 8.1, a new Open Beta update is rolling out to 3/3T, giving us a sneak preview into what the company has planned for the future official over-the-air update. It’s nothing groundbreaking, but there are a handful of changes here users will no doubt welcome. Here’s what’s new:
- New auto pick up gesture (answer an incoming call by raising the phone)
- New design for Collections tab
- Added reorder function for Collections
- Added recently deleted Collection
- Added support to migrate application data, allowing you to switch between devices seamlessly
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-02
- General bug fixes and improvements
The update will rollout over-the-air for those already enrolled in the Open Beta. For those that haven’t enrolled, the process just involves flashing the ROM manually. If you’re willing to take the plunge, you can do so by visiting OnePlus’ downloads page here.
Unlike betas on devices like the Pixel or Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus betas wont receive regular stable updates once the beta is complete — ever. You’ll have to perform a clean install/flash of the stable ROM to get back to the official OTAs.
OnePlus mentions they have another “OxygenOS Open Ears Forum” event planned for April 7th in San Francisco, so if you’d like to attend and help provide feedback with employees face-to-face, sign up for the event before March 14th by filling out an application here.
via OnePlus Forums