We’ve already shown you the first things you should do with the LG V30. Now, we can dig deep into the features. LG traditionally packs a lot of stuff into their phones. The V30 is no different, but they’ve also scaled back in some areas. It’s a nice full list of features without burring the users in choices. We’ll help you get the most out of your V30 with this list.
The V30’s display is taller than most phones. It has an 18:9 aspect ration, whereas most devices have 16:9 displays. All that means is you get some extra vertical space for apps. By default, most apps run completely fine on the tall display. Where you may run into some issues is with fullscreen apps, such as games. You can adjust the scale.
- In a fullscreen app, swipe up from the bottom to reveal the nav buttons
- Tap the App Scaling button
- You’ll have three options:
- Compatibility (16:9)
- Standard (16.7:9) (default)
- Fullscreen (18:9)
- If the app is misbehaving, put it in compatibility mode.
You can also adjust App Scaling in the Settings.
- Go to Settings > Display
- Select App scaling
- Tap the app you want to adjust
- Choose one of the options