The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 goes up for pre-sale starting tomorrow, August 24th, and will be hitting the streets in full force once it launches September 15th. We already know how much we can expect the device to cost (spoiler: it ain’t cheap), so it’s time to start thinking about whether you’re buying one.
Let’s start with the good news: you’ll be able to find it almost anywhere. Carriers include AT&T, C Spire, Cricket Wireless, Sprint, Straight Talk Wireless, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Verizon Wireless and Xfinity Mobile. For retailers, you’ll be able to get it at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, or directly through Samsung.
To make your decision easier, we’re rounding up all the pre-launch offers and freebies we can find from major carriers and retailers. Here’s what you can look forward to no matter who you’re with
- To start, everyone who purchases the Galaxy Note 8 between August 24th and September 24th gets their choice of either a free Samsung Gear 360 camera ($230 value); or the Samsung Galaxy Foundation Kit, which includes a 128GB EVO+ microSD card and a fast wireless charging pad ($190 value).
- For Galaxy Note 7 purchasers, Samsung is giving you a HUGE discount on the Galaxy Note 8 if you trade in your current phone. You can get up to $425 on your trade-in depending on which phone you have and the condition it’s in.
And here are the known options and offers specific to each carrier and retailer. Carriers and stores not listed have not yet issued any information on specific offers, but we will update this article with the details when they do.
The phone will be available for purchase online and in stores on Sept. 15 for $31.67 for 30 months on an AT&T Next installment plan.
For a limited time, customers who purchase a Galaxy Note 8 from AT&T can take advantage of the following offers (yes, they’re stackable):
- Receive $500 off a Samsung TV when you buy a Galaxy Note 8 and add DIRECTV
- Buy one Galaxy Note 8, get one FREE when you purchase on AT&T Next and add DIRECTV
- Get a Samsung Gear S2 for 99-cents or the Gear S3 for $49.99 on a 2-year agreement when you buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on AT&T Next
- AND trade in your eligible smartphone for up to $200 in credits.
- The Galaxy Note 8 will be available online and at participating T-Mobile stores across the country on September 15 in Midnight Black and Orchid Gray for $210 down and $30 a month on T-Mobile’s Equipment Installment Plan, or $0 down and $39 on JUMP! on Demand (FRP: $930).
- Customers switching to Sprint get 50 percent off the lease price and pay just $20.00 per month with $0 down with 18 Sprint Flex payments.
- Galaxy Forever allows upgrades any time to the latest Galaxy after just 12 Sprint Flex payments, exclusively from Sprint.
Customers who switch to U.S. Cellular and preorder the device can receive a $300 promotional card. Contingent on New Equipment Installment Contract, Total Plan or Shared Connect plan, Device Protection +, and credit approval. $100 U.S. Cellular Promotional Card will be given at point of sale. Additional $200 U.S. Cellular Promotional Card will be mailed to customer within 6-8 weeks.