The Department of Homeland Security has issued a new national vulnerability alert for owners of a handful of Huawei devices. The devices affected include the Mate S, P8, Honor 6, and Honor 6 Plus. The alert says this newly discovered vulnerability allows attackers to create a DDoS attack resulting in a device reboot for the affected phone. The vulnerability is targeted if a specific app is installed on the phone and triggers it.
Here’s a quick list of software versions affected by the vulnerability alert.
Huawei Mate S
- Software version CRR-TL00 before CRR-TL00C01B362
- Software version CRR-UL20 before CRR-UL20C00B362
- Software version CRR-CL00 before CRR-CL00C92B362
- Software version CRR-CL20 before CRR-CL20C92B362
- Software version GRA-TL00 before GRA-TL00C01B366
- Software version GRA-UL00 before GRA-UL00C00B366
- Software version GRA-UL10 before GRA-UL10C00B366
- Software version GRA-CL00 before GRA-CL00C92B366
Huawei Honor 6 & Honor 6 Plus
- Software versions before 6.9.16