BlackBerry was rumored to be working on 2 smartphones for 2016, but to date we’ve only had the moderately-specced BlackBerry DTEK50. It’s not that it’s a bad phone, it just doesn’t wow on much of anything except for its promise of providing the best security in a smartphone.
But if you were looking for something more, then that other device we’ve heard about — codenamed Argon — might be more your taste. The device is being called DTEK60, which would give us the immediate assumption that this is a more powerful version of the DTEK50 made under the same premise.
Well, let’s take a look at a spec sheet leaked from BlackBerry’s own servers to see if it matches up with the lofty :
- 5.5″ diagonal, 534 PPI, 2560 x 1440 Quad HD resolution
- All-touch screen, with intuitive gesture based navigation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core (MSM8996 with 64 bit Quad-Core 2+2 Kryo 2.15GHz / 1.6GHz), Adreno 530, 624MHz GPU
- 4 GB RAM, 32 GB Flash
- USB Type-C
- 3000 mAh 4.4V non-removable Lithium-Ion battery QC3.0 Enabled
- 21-megapixel auto-focus camera
- 8-megapixel Fixed-Focus
- Fingerprint sensor (DTEK60)
- Convenience key
That sounding like something you were hoping for from the Waterloo company? Past rumors say to expect this beast at some point in October, so stay tuned.