At CES 2016, ASUS showcased a couple pocket projectors that were expected to make an appearance later in the year. Now the first of these projectors is about to land.
The ASUS ZenBeam E1 is a projector that is small enough to fit in your back pocket (skinny jeans not tested), and will provide enough juice to last you through quite a few movies. The projector will show your content scaled from 1080p down to WVGA (854 x 480). However, ASUS promises that your picture quality will not suffer, and your movie will still look crisp.
The ZenBeam E1 also will deliver projections “sized from 15 inches up to 120 inches, even at short distances.” This can come in handy if you want to set up that man cave, or throw a projector screen outside on one of these beautiful Summer nights.
- 150-lumen output with WVGA (854×480) resolution that automatically accepts FullHD 1080p sources
- Projects visuals ranging up to 120 inches
- Built-in 6,000mAh battery provides up to 5 hours of projection time and doubles as a power bank for mobile devices.
- Project content from mobile devices, media streamers, and gaming consoles via HDMI/MHL
- Quick, easy setup with instant on/off capabilities, auto keystone correction and ASUS SonicMaster speaker
No specific date has been mentioned as to when the ZenBeam E1 will be making its appearance, but it will retail for just $249. It will also be available at all major retailers, making it easy to be able to get your hands on, and is perfect for Summer movie nights.