Jide, a company known for their forked version of the Android operating system called Remix OS, has just announced Remix OS 3. This update is based on Android Marshmallow and will be showcased on the company’s brand new tablet, the Remix Pro. This new 2-in-1 is the successor of a product from a Kickstarter project from 2015 and should impress those who wish there was better multitasking on Android.
The tablet itself comes with an attachable keyboard that makes the tablet feel more like a laptop when you want it to. Additionally, with Remix OS 3, you can run different applications in their own windows, making it easier to do more things at the same time.
Find the Remix Pro’s specs below:
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 8-core processor
- GPU: Qualcomm® Adreno™ 510 GPU
- Memory: 3GB LPDDR3 RAM; 32GB eMMC internal storage; microSD slot supports up to 256GB storage expansion
- Screen: 12” Full-HD Retina IPS 10-point touch screen; 2160x1440p
- Cameras: 5MP front/8MP rear
- Connectivity: WLAN with 2.4Ghz/5Ghz duo frequency supports 802.11a/b/g protocol, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi Direct
- Dimensions & weight: 207mm x 289.5mm x 6.9mm; 640g
- Power: Supports quick charge; 9,000 mAh
We do not have much information on the Remix Pro’s availability right now but we do know that it will be launching in the Chinese market soon and will be available worldwide at an unknown date. The Pro’s price is also unknown, but if it is anything like Jide’s previous products, the 2-in-1 tablet shouldn’t break the bank.