The folks at Rovio are back again, this time with the 11th Angry Birds title designed to suck the pennies out of your wallet. Angry Birds Fight! is now available on Google Play and like most of Rovio’s titles, is free to download. It’s not really a fighting game per se, with gameplay more closely mirroring those match-3/RPG games that are all the rage these days. Think more Puzzle Quest than Candy Crush.
Players can battle it out against pigs in story mode, or against other players in real-time matches. Basically you match as many birds as you can within a short time frame and when you’re done, you and your opponents characters commence fighting while you sit back and watch. The fact that fighting doesn’t take place in real-time really kind of kills it for us.
- CHALLENGE other players globally in real-time match-three puzzles
- POWER UP birds for the fight by matching faster and better than your opponent
- MATCH 4 to activate special powers, MATCH 5 to start FEVER TIME!
- WIN fights to gain XP, win items and customize your flock and your ship
- ACCESSORIZE with different items to increase health, attack and add skills
- EARN bird coins in fights to buy more weapons and accessories in the shop
- PLAY the lucky slots to unlock more items – go on, give it a spin!
Birds can be equipped with a variety of defensive and offensive equipment, even special abilities to tip the scales in your favor. New characters, weapons, armor, and items can all be purchased use the game’s 2-forms of currency (coins or gems) or you always have the option of making purchases using real money — something we don’t recommend. Angry Birds Fight! has in-app purchases ranging anywhere between $1.12 – $84.87 for extra gems.
The game initially launched in Asia Pacific (it’s actually a collaboration between Rovio and Japanese game studio Kiteretsu Inc.) but only now is it available globally. Download link provided below.