The Samsung Galaxy S6 Active has been leaked so many times, it’s pretty much a sure thing at this point. What we don’t know, is when the phone will actually become available for purchase. If AT&T’s recent tweet is any indication, we can expect the phone to arrive any day now.
Only one thing is missing from your workout. It’s almost time to activate your full power. pic.twitter.com/PzgOS6SATJ
— AT&T (@ATT) June 4, 2015
AT&T began teasing the phone on Twitter but kept it hidden for whatever reason. The fitness angle is obvious (hence the Active in the title) with the phone featuring an extra rugged outer casing. Of course, you can just slap an Otterbox case over the current S6 and call it day, but we do expect the S6 Active to feature some kind of higher than usual water resistance rating. Here are the full leaked specs, straight from Samsung:
- 5.1-inch 2560 x 1440 Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Exynos 7420 chipset (2.1GHz and 1.5GHz cores)
- 32GB of UFS 2.0 storage (and we’re also hearing there will be a microSD slot, though the site doesn’t mention it)
- 16MP rear camera with 4K video recording, 5MP front camera
- Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi ac Dual-Band MIMO, GPS, NFC, Heart Rate Sensor, Infrared Blaster
- 5.65 x 2.78 x 0.27 inches , 138g
- 2,550mAh battery
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
So far the phone has been leaked in a few different colors, showing a black/grey version, and camo version in both dark and light varieties. Is anyone out there thinking about picking one of these up?
Stupid only AT&T is going to carry it, even if only initially. At&T sucks. BIG RED BABY
AT&T was the only one that carried the S5 Active too, right?
that is correct, to my knowledge.
SPRINT had something similar,the S5 Sport:
Big red for those that have grandfathered unlimited data otherwise you’re feeling that pain for data in the wallet.
Whoopee. Not really.
The Galaxy S6 Active’s headphone jack is up top, though.
Is it not on the bottom like the regular s6?