You’ll want to sign up for AndroidForums.com for today’s contest challenge AND future challenges. Because DISQUS allows comment editing without timestamps, we’re unable to assuredly identify a winner using the Phandroid commenting system for time-based contests. Make sure you read each contest post carefully to make sure you’re doing it right!
If you’re unsure what this whole “Holidroid Contest” thing is all about, be prepared to get excited. From November 24th through December 25th, Phandroid is giving away a Kindle Fire every single day along with other great prizes like the Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Tabs, JAMBOX, SmarTouch Gloves, Android Phones, Android T-Shirts, Seidio Vouchers and more. Read our announcement post for details.
Who has won so far?
We’ve received a bunch of E-Mails from contestants wondering if they’ve won. We contact winners directly, but from now on we’ll put the previous day’s winner in each contest post so that you folks know for sure who the winner is. We’re also asking winners to take pictures of themselves with their box-o-goodies and will post them on the site in the New Year.
Yesterday’s winner was Adryan Maldonado who, hilariously enough, was the winning random comment with the following post:
Winners from the first 5 days of the contest were:
- Nov. 24th: @LeopardOBX on Twitter
- Nov. 24th: Corey Jones on Facebook
- Nov. 24th: Gadiel Tamayo Cruz on G+
- Nov. 25th: Ilan Sean
- Nov. 26th: @knowname on twitter
- Nov. 27th: Marc Selwan
- Nov. 28th: AndrewDG76
So what’s up for grabs in today’s contest?
Amazon Kindle Fire
The Kindle Fire could be this holiday’s hottest product: at only $199 it’s not only one of the most affordable Android tablets, it’s also one of the best. That’s a killer combination. With a beautiful UI, great battery life, carefully curated apps/games, and an amazing array of media options thanks to Amazon’s Digital Content Ecosystem… the Kindle Fire is a sure win. Good luck winning one in our contest, but at only $199 it’s probably worth buying one just in case!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
Everyone seems to be craving Samsung Android devices these days, and for good reason. Samsung makes some of the best hardware out there, coupled with great software integration, and the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus are two great examples of Samsung’s industry leading products. These devices were sponsored directly by Samsung, thanking our readers and forum members for their excitement, interest, and support over the past year. With a 7-inch screen, 1.2GHz dual core processor, 1GB RAM, MicroSD slot, camera that records in 720p HD, and screen that displays in 1080p HD, the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus is a high end alternative to the Kindle Fire… and you can win BOTH in our contest!
Isotoner SmarTouch Gloves
Every single holiday season these SmarTouch smartphone gloves are consistently one of my favorite gift giving items. They eloquently solve one of the most fundamental problems a tech lover faces: using your device in cold weather. Wearing gloves usually prevents your touchscreen from working: take your phone out, take your glove off, use your phone, hand gets gold, shove phone in pocket, rush to get glove on. NO MORE! Isotoner’s SmarTouch gloves, designed in my colors and sizes for both men and women, has technology that passes the electrons your body gives off, through the gloves, onto the capacitive screen and allowing it to work. VOILA! Seriously. It works. Trust me. Try it… and you’ll love them forever.
Seidio $30 Voucher
With so much smartphone use comes battery drain. Thankfully, Seidio makes some awesome extended batteries that fit many smartphones, allowing you to get longer battery life with the same device. No more toting around a charger everywhere you go: just snag a Seidio and call it a day! Seidio also makes cases, holsters, and other great accessories for your smartphones. Check them all out here.
Today’s Contest Rules/Regulations:
How quickly will you get wacky to win today’s Holidroid Contest?
- First person to successfully accomplish the below challenge wins the day’s prize pack
- Sign up for a free account at AndroidForums.com
- On a piece of paper, write PHANDROID.COM and/or ANDROIDFORUMS.com in big letters, along with your AndroidForums.com user name
- Find a spoon. The kind you find in a kitchen.
- Go outside and stand in front of a stop sign
- Take a picture in front of the stop sign, holding the sign you just made, holding the spoon above your head, with one bare foot in the air (other foot needs to have a shoe or sock)
- Visit this thread on AndroidForums.com and either (1) Attach the picture in your post, or (2) Link to your picture in the post
- IF YOUR POST HAS BEEN EDITED AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON, THAT ENTRY WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED AND YOU WILL NEED TO SUBMIT A NEW ENTRY TO QUALIFY FOR CONSIDERATION
- Read our Full Official Rules for information about eligibility
- This isn’t required but if you want to be nice… Visit Amazon.com by clicking here before you do your holiday shopping because you love us!
Looking for a great gift? Don’t forget about our Holiday Gift Guide!
We’ll be giving away a Kindle Fire, Smartouch Gloves, $30 Seidio Voucher, and a Galaxy Tab 7.0+! Tomorrow will be more normal, less wacky, but still require the use of your creative juices. You never know when we’ll make our contest post so check back early and often!