One of the most helpful and exciting features announced at the Honeycomb event was a full featured Android Market Website located at Market.Android.Com. Not only does it feature all the apps and games in Android market, neatly organized in categories and filtered by free and paid, but it also allows you select apps and games on the web that will INSTANTLY begin downloading on your Android device.
I’m a huge fan of this expansion for two main reasons: (1) It will mean awesome discovery and research of apps for consumers, and (2) This will lead to more downloads and purchases which will attract more developers. Some of the enjoyable features of the Android Market website include:
- All the apps and games displayed
- Easy navigation to browse and search
- Remotely download apps from your web browser
- Big and beautiful graphics and screenshots
- Promotional videos for applications included in descriptions
- Ability to review apps from your browser
- Download History and Device selection/settings
Another feature announced today is the ability for developers to leverage in-app purchases. Combined with the market website, these two initiatives should GREATLY increase revenue for developers which will mean more and more developers should flock to Android. Case and point is Disney, who had withheld from inclusion in Android Market specifically because of the lack of in-app purchases.
What are your favorite features of the new Android Market website? What features do you still want to see added?