What’s more official than having a promo video of your upcoming Android Phone featured on YouTube and uploaded by your official account? Not much and that’s exactly what happened with the Xperia Android phone with many rumored names dropping/announcing/launching on November 3rd:
Even awesome (although less official) is a video that popped up boasting the Xperia Android’s media player that looks – as Gizmodo so eloquently put it – “un-freaking-believable”.
The guys at Leakdroid reminded us of the specs – and now we’re reminding you:
- 800 x 400 touchscreen
- 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 (Quad-Band)
- 3G: 900/2100 (Dual-Band); HSDPA (10Mbps), HSUPA (2Mbps)
- 8 megapixel camera with autofocus and 8 x digital zoom
- LED Flash / Image Stabilization / Smile Shutter / Face Detection / VGA Video Recording
- POP3, SMTP, IMAP4, MS Exchange e-mail
- miniUSB, 3.5mm AV connector
- Bluetooth (2.1), Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11g), AGPS
Sounds pretty awesome… will this give the Droid a run for the money? Maybe, but knowing the Xperia line, November 3rd will be an announcement that the Xperia Android will drop sometime in early 2010 in Europe, it will be delayed, and the United States may never see it until, well, who knows.