When HTC isn’t shipping off 2,000 of their employees to Google’s HQ, they’re hard at work building their next big smartphone. That phone could be the now rumored HTC U11 Plus, a massive all-display smartphone with tiny bezels and top of the line hardware.
- 5.99-inch 2880×1440 18:9 display (JDI)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 4 or 6 GB of RAM
- 64 or 128 GB of storage (UFS 2.1)
- 12MP rear camera / 8MP front facing
- Waterproof IP68
- Quick Charge 3.0 (18 Watt battery 9V / 2A)
- Edge Sense (pressure sensitive frame)
- Type C USB headphones
For the most part, we’re pretty much looking at what could best be described as a more modern looking and better designed HTC U11. With a handful of flagships like the LG G6, Galaxy S8, Essential Phone, Pixel 2 XL and even the iPhone X boasting super slim bezels, HTC may have found themselves up against the ropes, forced to design a better looking HTC U11 to get with the times.
The HTC U11 Plus is said to be announced sometime in November in China. It’s entirely possible it could also land stateside and help give devices like the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 a run for its money.