After a slow drip-feed of rumors and leaks surrounding a flagship-specced phone this year, HMD Global and Nokia has finally taken the wraps off of the Nokia 8 and revealed a flagship phone with stock Android and a few stunning color choices. First, let’s take a look at the phone itself.
Nokia 8 Specs
- Display – 5.3-inch IPS LCD display
- 2560 x 1440 resolution
- 554 ppi
- 700 nts of brightness
- Corning Glass 5, 2.5D glass
- Processor – Snapdragon 835 MSM8998 (4* 2.45 GHz Qualcomm Kryo + 4* 1.8 GHz Kryo)
- GPU – Adreno 540
- RAM – 4 GB RAM
- Storage – 64 GB
- microSD support up to 256 GB
- Rear camera: 13 MP (Color + OIS) + 13 MP (Mono) with ZEISS optics, 1.12 μm, f/2.0 aperture, 76.9-degree view, PDAF, IR range finder, dual-tone flash
- Front camera: 13MP PDAF, 1.12 μm, f/2.0 aperture, 78.4-degree view, display flash
- USB Type-C
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 3,090 mAh non-removable battery
- Colors – Polished Blue, Polished Copper, Tempered Blue, and Steel
- Size – 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm
- Weight – 160 g
There’s also a handful of interesting features in the phone, including OZO Audio and liquid cooling.
To keep your phone working harder for longer, the design, innovation and engineering teams worked hand-in- hand to deliver. The result is a full-length graphite shielded copper cooling pipe that dissipates the heat generated by the high performing system across the full length and breadth of the handset. The Nokia 8 runs cooler in even the most demanding situations.
What do you think of Nokia and HMD Global’s latest reveal? Are you excited to get your hands on one of these?