Last year marked the inaugural Google Play Awards, which is given to developers to exemplify what it means to release and provide an enjoyable or useful on our mobile devices. Google I/O 2017 provided Act II of the official Play Awards, which were presented during a separate session at the event.
The finalists were announced back in April, but Google revealed the winners for each respective category. As for the winners, here’s the full list, along with the prices of the application currently.
- Standout Indie – Mushroom 11 ($4.99)
- Standout Startup – Hooked (Free)
- Best Android Wear Experience – Runtastic Running & Fitness (Free)
- Best TV Experience – Red Bull TV (Free)
- Best VR Experience – Virtual Virtual Reality ($8.99)
- Best AR Experience – Woorld (Free)
- Best App for Kids – Animal Jam – Play Wild! (Free)
- Best Multiplayer Game – Hearthstone (Free)
- Best App – Memrise (Free)
- Best Game – Transformers: Forged to Fight (Free)
- Best Accessibility Experience – IFTTT (Free)
- Best Social Impact – ShareTheMeal (Free)
To commemorate the event, there is a separate landing page on the Google Play Store which will give you a list of all categories, along with each finalist. This is a great way to check out some of the best apps on the Play Store, especially if you love checking out new apps that you didn’t even know existed.
In the comments below, let us know what your favorite app on the Play Store is, and give us a little insight as to why it takes the cake! If you want to check out more Google I/O 2017 coverage from Phandroid, hit the button below.