Although the team at Pebble is in the middle of a brand new Kickstarter for its latest products, the software team has pushed a substantially large update for Pebble Time lineup of smartwatches and the Pebble app. Version 3.13 brings with it a “clearer, more accurate Pebble Health experience; an official Weather app; a new emoji;” and more.
The most fun part of this update is the introduction of the Pebble Time’s ability to recognize the fire emoji. Everyone loves emoji’s but it gets annoying when all you see on your wrist or phone are hieroglyphics, so Pebble decided to fix that.
Here’s the rest of what’s new in Pebble Firmware v. 3.1.3:
Pebble Firmware 3.13 Release Notes
For Time-series watches:
- Experience more accurate step and sleep tracking in Pebble Health. The algorithm is now smarter about accounting for movements made while sleeping, and keeping them from being logged as steps.
- See current temperature, highs and lows for the day, and the next day’s forecast with a new, official Weather app.
- Is it getting hot in here? Added support for the Fire emoji.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
- To update to the latest firmware, select Menu » Support » Update Your Pebble from the Pebble smartphone app.
Unfortunately, if you are still rocking the original Pebble, or the Pebble Steel, this update won’t apply to you. But, if you want to jump on getting the Pebble Time, now’s a great time to do so since the watch is discounted to just $129.99, a savings of $20. If you’re looking to get the Pebble Time Round, that is currently on sale also, down to just $149.99 from its list price of $199.99
[via Pebble Blog]