It’s February 29th, folks, which means HTC is opening up pre-sale opportunities for the HTC Vive. The virtual reality headset will cost $799, though that enables a very rich experience that features spatial awareness, motion controls and some serious power.
The device will ship with three VR apps and games:
- Google’s Tilt Brush: An immersive space where you can draw and paint anything you want as if you’re hammering away at a sculpture or brushing an easel.
- Job Simulator: What do you do when you come home from a long day at work? You start your virtual day at work. Sounds fun!
- Fantastic Contraption: Build objects to help you get from one point on a map to another.
And you’ll need to meet the following PC hardware requirements for the best experience:
- Intel i5-4590 or better / AMD FX 8350 or better
- NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970 or better / AMD R9 290 or better
- 4GB of RAM
You’ll have to pay a penny pretty for upgrades if you don’t already have them. That said, the award for that penny should be one of the best virtual reality experiences on the market when it’s all said and done. HTC is aiming to get these things out of the door as soon as April 5th, so get your order in (limited to 1 per household) to make sure you’re included in the initial batch of shipments!