Nintendo is gearing up to launch their first Android app next month — dubbed Miitomo — that’s less of a game and more of a way to chat using Nintendo’s iconic “Mii” characters. Here’s the quick bullet list:
- Miitomo is an app from Nintendo that brings out a side of you your friends have never seen before!
- How? By making a Mii of yourself that’s your personal go-between!
- Ever wonder what fun details make you…YOU? Your Mii will find out by asking you questions about yourself!
- Want your friends to know all about these little insights into your likes, dislikes, or just what you’re thinking lately? Your Mii will go visit your friends’ Mii characters and tell them!
- Then your Mii will ask your friends for fun details about them…and tell YOU everything. Your friends’ Mii characters will also visit you when you play!
- Miitomo is a new way to bring you and your friends together like never before. Would you expect anything less from Nintendo?
- (Did we mention that your Mii actually speaks too? Anything you or your friends say about themselves!)
Whether you’re a fanboy or just a casual Nintendo gamer, at some point you’ll probably want to sign up for the new “Nintendo Account” system. Preregistration opened up today, allowing you to create an account well ahead of time. Since you’ll need an account to use Nintendo’s upcoming Miitomo chat app, it could be wise to do it now and secure a custom user name before someone else snatches it up.
There are also other benefits, like an undisclosed amount of “My Nintendo Platinum Points” which can be used to redeem rewards as part of the My Nintendo rewards program. The points expire 6 months after the My Nintendo website goes live, so keep that in mind.
The good news is how painlessly simply it was to create an account. Because you can link your Google+, Twitter, Facebook, or existing Nintendo ID (or create an account from scratch using your email), the whole process is incredibly simple and can be done in under 2 minutes. We expect more Nintendo apps and games to launch in the near future.