Although being released in 2014, Samsung and Verizon are still providing updates to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. While this device is not being updated to Marshmallow, the latest update will bring a few new features and bug fixes.
The latest update to the Verizon Galaxy Note 4 will bring your device up to Build Number LMY47X.N910VVRU2BPA1 on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Within this update users will see the following changes:
- Supports Android for Work. To learn more, go to https://www.google.com/work/android/
- Upgrades to Samsung Knox Platform, a comprehensive suite of mobile enterprise security solutions
- Removes pre-loaded Amazon App Store and Amazon Widgets from the device
It’s not often that Verizon or Samsung remove bloatware, so it’s pretty interesting to see the pre-loaded Amazon software being removed. Verizon recommends the following steps before downloading if you’ve already gotten the notification to download the latest update for the Galaxy Note 4:
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon Wireless network connection
- Ensure your battery is fully charged before starting the software update
Already have it? Let us know how it’s treating you straight ahead.